"God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supplies." -Hudson Taylor

"God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supplies."        -Hudson Taylor
Brian, Erin, Bohdan and Audrey and Lake Champion Family Camp 2008

The newest Hamson



On June 5th 2010 Thatcher Andrew Hamson was born!

It all started at 5:32am. 37 weeks and 2 days. I woke up knowing that it was happening. Not totally sure why or how I knew. I felt...different. I laid their a few minutes wondering what to do. As I looked out the window at the morning sky I prayed. I thanked the Lord for that day, I asked for blessings, and then exclaimed (aloud, but quietly to myself as to not wake up my sleeping husband at this point) THIS IS THE DAY THE LORD HAS MADE, I WILL REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN IT!




I finally woke Brian up and let him know that something was going on...he did not fully "get it" until I scooted to the side of the bed and then exclaimed ALOUD this time, "my water broke!" and broke and broke.

We called family and arranged child care. First from the neighbor across the street then from my sister Megan and her family. Within a half hour we were off on the planned route to Upper Chesapeake Family Birth Place (a wonderful place to have a baby!). And my did the contractions start on the drive there!

As we arrived we were quickly ushered back and it was established that due to how dilated I was, we would be having a planned c-section rather soon and were moved to the top of the list. So off we went to the OR...and soon...Thatcher Andrew was born.

The c-section was a little rough this time around, but hearing the sweet sound of Thatchers first cry was worth it all!




Soon enough it was over and I was in recovery with a rather large baby boy. He was 8 lbs. 12 oz at 37 weeks 2 days, BUT he was perfect!




We spent some time with him, just Brian and I and later that day big siblings Bohdan and Audrey came to meet their new baby brother. Thatcher also got to meet some cousins and Aunties, and Uncle Jay. Both grandparents were able to be there...which is really something else since one set lives in New England and the other was planned to be in China at the time. As it turns out...they were both there that day!



The day was just as it should have been and as it was planned since the beginning time. God brought Thatcher to us in His perfect timing. It was the day the Lord had made, I will FOREVER rejoice and be glad in it.

0 comments:

subscribe to our blog here

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz